Blog

December ’13 Prayer Letter (by Chris Waye)

Pastors & Praying Friends,

A lot has happened since our last prayer letter just last month. As you know, we have been scheduled to depart for the field in late April of this coming year. We have been preparing, working and watching God provide throughout this year for us to make our departure deadline. We are excited to announce that we have moved our departure up, and we are leaving for London on February 12th!

We were able to change our tickets with no problems at all, and with minimal charge to us. Because our arrival date into the UK was suddenly under 90 days, we were immediately able to apply for our visas. Typically, obtaining a UK visa is about a month long process, but after submitting our paperwork, they were mailed out to us in just 2 days! We now have our plane tickets and entry clearance visas in hand and are ready to go!

This month we reached 90% of our monthly support goal. We just can’t thank each of you enough for your faithful and sacrificial giving to our family and ministry. We are leaving a bit early by faith believing that God will provide the remaining 10% that is needed. Please continue to pray with us that over the next two months we will reach 100% of what we need.

Since early this year, we have been saving for our set up cost upon arriving on the field. Again, we thank you for the so many that have given to this, and we are nearing 90% of what we need! If you would like to give towards our set up fund, you can find more information at churchplantuk.com/set-up-fund.

Pray with us over these next two months as we begin packing our home and preparing for the big move. We have lots to do, goodbyes to say and much to look forward to. Thanks again praying, giving, and for all you do for us each month!

God bless – Chris, Sherry, Lawson, Linden & Liam

 

Leave a Reply